ALL shiurim are online at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/732799215?pwd=dG5Ba0ZTek9wWHlYUDNNWEJWaXR1UT09. If you try to go on too early, and you can't, it means the Rov didn't open the forum yet. PLEASE sponsor a shiur - see below for sponsorships.
There is a issue with the Lieber’s Crushed Tomatoes with Basil, Code: QA BBD 01/29/23 KFP that the can expands and can potentially explode
Are you or someone you know "home-bound" and can't get deliveries, call Chaveirim 845-371-NEED (6333)
Thank you to All the contributors of the Moas Chtim campaign!
We have a few dollars left, if anyone is in need – Call The Rov or the president -100% confidentiality will be upheld
There will be a siyum Erev Pesach at 8:30 AM at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/599415719. As per the Rov, each person participating should set aside a special food for this event and eat it when the siyum has been completed in order to join in the simcha.
Birchas Ilanos – there is a bracha made upon seeing trees beginning to bloom in the springtime.
- It is required that in every Jewish household there be a search for the chametz. this should be done Tuesday evening, after Maariv. one is obligated to search for the chametz wherever it can customarily be found. [it is not necessary to move the refrigerator to check under or behind it].
- After the search is completed, one recites 'kol chamira', which is printed in every haggadah or siddur. The found chametz is set aside to be destroyed the next morning.
- DO NOT FORGET TO PREPARE AN EIRUV TAVSHILIN ON WEDNESDAY. The bracha for this can be found in a haggadah or siddur. Please call Rabbi Cohen if you need help in preparing the eiruv tavshilin.
- One should prepare for the seder plate during the day.
- Sadly, some people will be having a seder by themselves. In this case, the person has to light candles as well, and if make the bracha 'shehecheyanu' when lighting. Therefore, the person should not make the shehecheyanu after kiddush, which is indicated in the haggadah. When lighting, have the intent that the shehecheyanu bracha will go for both.
- When there was a beis hamikdash, the korban Pesach was brought on the day before the holiday--this year it would be Wednesday. Since we cannot bring the korban, it is a very fine custom to read the parsha of the korban Pesach on Wednesday afternoon, found Shemos chapter .12
- Remember to count sefira, starting on the second night of Pesach, Thursday.
- On the Shabbos of Chol Hamoed it is customary to chant Shir Hashirim in Shul, but there is no obligation for a private individual to recite this; it is only for when there is a minyan.
- Yizkor may be recited without a minyan, and recite the el maleh rachamim as well – Recited on the last day of Yom Tov just before musaf
- We stop saying 'mashiv haruach umorid hageshem' in shemoneh esrei of Mincha on the first day.
- For Maariv on Shabbos night, and thereafter for all shemoneh esreis during the week, we stop saying 'vesein tal umattar liveracha' and instead we say 'vesein bracha'.
- Mr. & Mrs Yaakov Youssian in the Zechus that this virus should end
ONLY $5/day, $20/week, $50/month call the president or Rob Goldfarb to make payment or paypal email@example.com
Pesach shiur sponsored by anonymous in honor of the Rabbi for all he does for the shul and all the shiurim
Electricity For Nissan 5780 - still available!
Gas For Nissan 5780 – Donated by:
שרה שפרה בת חי׳ בתוך שאר חולי ישראל and גרשון דוד בן בלימה שבע עלקא :Mr & Mrs Avi Mayer & his parent l’zchus refuah shelaima
NOW MORE THAN EVER – WE NEED YOUR HELP!
Setting aside ONLY TWO dollars a day in an envelope for the Shul or
Better yet, perhaps you would consider sponsoring the online Shiurim: it can even be dedicated in the Z’chus or honor of........ or
BEST OF ALL, if you would commit to becoming a member (payment plans are available) ONLY $500/yr.