We regret to inform you of the passing of former member Jack Pietruzska (brother-in-law of Karen & Uncle of Menachem Ickovitz) .
To be Menachem Avel you can call Yvette at 516-395-4896 or David at 201-966-4489. Menachem 845-641-1151
We don't have a number for Deborah - you could ask one of them.
We regret to inform you of the passing of David Lourie who used to be the Baal Koreh at the 8:00 am minyan. Our former member, Mrs. Moeller is sitting shiva. She can be reached a 914-419- 2307.
May they and their families be comforted among the mourners of Zion and Yerushalayim.
The Rabbi has suggested the following:
- Halachically, davening vasikin, which means davening at netz [sunrise] is as valuable as davening with a minyan. [maybe even better]. The schedule lists Netz for each day, which is when one should be saying shemoneh esrei.
- In the very least, today's davening with a minyan is a sufaik sakana, therefore, you should daven at home. However, if you can't daven at Netz, you should daven at the same time as others if possible, as such, the times the shul will be davening are posted above (again, not in the actual shul though).
- When you daven, now you should have the time to daven slowly and with more kavana, in the very least , when it comes to the bracha of 'refaeinu'.
- Children and grandchildren are all off from school. Now is our chance to bond with them. Perhaps helping them with their school assignments, perhaps setting up a set time to learn Torah with them on the phone or the Internet. This is a great
- way to connect with them--and learn Torah!
- NOTE: The elderly should not mingle with anyone "even family" for the time being.
Those of you who usually commute but are now home can perhaps use the extra time to learn. A nice idea would be to do the parsha - maybe a portion each day.
ALL shiurim are online at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/732799215?pwd=dG5Ba0ZTek9wWHlYUDNNWEJWaXR1UT09. If you try to go on too early, and you can't, it means the Rov didn't open the forum yet. PLEASE sponsor a shiur - see below for sponsorships.
- Mr. & Mrs Hershy Kramarsky
- Mr. & Mrs Yaakov Youssian in the Zechus that this virus should end
- Mr. & Mrs. Sheldon Snyder
- Menachem Ickovitz in the merit of: Refuah Shelaima for Itta bas Shifra and L'ilui nishmas Yaakov ben Yosef
- Thank you to Dr. Andrew Kass & for sponsoring the Pesach Shiur
Pesach Shiur is being sponsored by:
- Dr. Andrew Kass in memory of his father's yahrtzheit on Erev Pesach - Shmuel ben Natan
- Mr & Mrs. Brody in memory of her mother's yahrtzheit Sarah Rifka Ruchel bas Avrahom Mordichai
- Please sponsor a shiur: $5/day, $20/week, $50/month call the president or Rob Goldfarb to make payment or paypal [ firstname.lastname@example.org ]
- Electricity For Nissan 5780 - still available!
- Gas For Nissan 5780 - still available!
Annual Shul Dinner
The 40th annual Shul Dinner will take place I'YH Sunday, May 17th at Cong. Shaarey Israel, Montebello. This year's honorees are1) Rachma and Gedalia Friedenberg receiving the Avodas HaKodesh award and 2) Corinne and Stan Levine receiving the Lev Tov award.
Are you or someone you know "home-bound" and can't get deliveries, call Chaveirim 845-371-NEED (6333)
As we are in a crisis and it is customary to give tzedaka during such times, please consider helping to reduce our deficit:
Rabbi Alfred Cohen (845) 425-5540
Yaakov Grunstein, President (917) 414-5603