One may say Mevorchim Chodesh at home. The Molad will be on Tuesday, March 24, at 10:14 AM and 11 chalakim. Rosh Chodesh is on Yom Chamishi.
The Rabbi has suggested the following:
- Halachically, davening vasikin, which means davening at netz [sunrise] is as valuable as davening with a minyan. [maybe even better]. The schedule lists Netz for each day, which is when one should be saying shemoneh esrei.
- In the very least, today's davening with a minyan is a sufaik sakana, therefore, you should daven at home. However, if you can't daven at Netz, you should daven at the same time as others if possible, as such, the times the shul will be davening are posted above (again, not in the actual shul though).
- When you daven, now you should have the time to daven slowly and with more kavana, in the very least , when it comes to the bracha of 'refaeinu'.
- Children and grandchildren are all off from school. Now is our chance to bond with them. Perhaps helping them with their school assignments, perhaps setting up a set time to
learn Torah with them on the phone or the Internet. This is a great way to connect with them--and learn Torah!
NOTE: The elderly shold not mingle with anyone "even family" for the time being.
Those of you who usually commute but are now home can perhaps use the extra time to learn. A nice idea would be to do the parsha - maybe a portion each day.
ALL shiurim are online at https://us04web.zoom.us/j/732799215?pwd=dG5Ba0ZTek9wWHlYUDNNWEJWaXR1UT09. If you try to go on too early, and you can't, it means the Rov didn't open the forum yet. PLEASE sponsor a shiur - see below for sponsorships.
Credit card console - still available!
Online Shiurim - Thanks to Mr. & Mrs. Abe Kalker & Genady Griesman for creating and extending the zoom so there won't be any interruptions.
Thank you to the following people for sponsoring the shiurim:
- Hershy Kramarsky
- Genady Griesman
- Menachem Ickovitz in hopes of meriting a refuah shelaima for Yaakov ben Rochel and Itta bas Shifra.
- Please sponsor a shiur: $5/day, $20/week, $50/month call the president or Rob Goldfarb to make payment or paypal firstname.lastname@example.org
Electricity For Nissan 5780 - still available! Gas For Nissan 5780 - still available!
The 40th annual Shul Dinner will take place I'YH Sunday, May 17th at Cong. Shaarey Israel, Montebello. This year's honorees are1) Rachma and Gedalia Friedenberg receiving the Avodas HaKodesh award and 2) Corinne and Stan Levine receiving the Lev Tov award.
Are you or someone you know "home-bound" and can't get deliveries, call Chaveirim 845-371-NEED (6333)
As we are in a crisis and it is customary to give tzedaka during such times, please consider helping to reduce our deficit by becoming a member.
Please sign up for our newsletter at OhaivYisroelNewsletter@gmail.com. Join the whatsapp group using our QR code: All those interested, please contact Yaakov Grunstein at (917) 414-5603 or at PresidentBBshul@gmail.com.