Shani and Rabbi Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer on the birth of a grandson to their children, Meira and Ari Federgun. The Shalom Zachor will be at the Bechhofer residence - 3 Zabriskie Terrace. The Bris is scheduled for Shabbos Morning at the Bechhofer residence.
Miriam and Geoge Fleischman on the engagement of their grandson, Etai Mayerfeld to Serach Kukenheim.
Esther and Yankel Hauptman on the Bris of their grandson, Asher Yisroel Kolodny.
Lucy and Albert Korchnoy on the birth of their daughter and to the proud grandparents, Masha and Chaim Sandler.
Sara and Rabbi Yoseif Yechiel Gruenebaum on Yonah Eliezer (Yoiny)'s Bar Mitzvah.
This coming Friday is Independence Day, the 238th Anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence, the founding of our wonderful Nation. I urge everyone to not take the day for granted and try to participate in a commemorative event for the day.
The Kiddush this week is primarily in honor of members of our shul family who have graduated from various educational institutions. It also sponsored by Willie Goldstein and Malkie Schipper to commemorate the yahrtzheits of their parents, Sarah Goldstein and Izzie Goldstein and also sponsored by Lucy and Albert Korchnoy to commemorate the birth of their daughter. Mazel Tov to our Graduates and their families:
- Debbie and Zamir Bar-David - their children: Oshrit Darya from Pre-K at Ashar, El Roee for his promotion to second grade at Ashar.
- Paula and Gerald From - their grandchildren: Gabi From from Arieli Nursery in Queens, Daniel From from MTA.
- Leeba and Yaakov Grunstein - their daughter: Leah Gittel from Kindergarten at Ateres Bais Yaakov.
- Ada and Jimmie Katz - their grandchildren: Donny Katz from Kindergarten at Ashar and Yisroel Katz from Eighth Grade at Ashar.
- Etta-Jo and Meir Laker – Their grandson: Yisroel Tzvi Rimler from Pre1a at Yeshiva Tiferes Moshe in Queens and their children: Avital from Bruriah High School and Yehoshua Nechemia from Penn State College of Medicine in Hershey, Pa. He is beginning a residency in Emergency Medicine at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland
- Noreen and Leonard Mann - Their granddaughter Talya Rothstein from Shalom Yeladim Nursery School in Teaneck.